Election bets?

T

Teabag

Election Betting

Hi,

Does anyone know a website that offers odds on election candidates getting elected in certain constituencies etc ?

I looked on PaddyPower but they only have general betting (i.e. next taoiseach etc).

TBag

Re: Election Betting

Thanks Jem, not sure how I missed that.

I've been scratching around looking for a decent bet on the Election. Paddy Power have lots of Election bets on their website but the only one to catch my interest, and in which I've had a small interest this lunchtime, is 2/1 FG to get 48 seats or more. Any AAMers see any value Election bets?

In Cork North Central Dave McCarthy has decided to run as an independent because he was not selected by Fianna Fail. I reckon he is a good bet for a seat as he has a very strong base.
Paddy Power is offering 8/1 on him getting a seat. I have put €20 on him.. 8/1 are great odds....

Just heard that the voting turn out in Knochnaheeny (Cork North Central) is twice the national average at 2PM. This is a Davy Mac stronghold so hopefully its a good sign for him...

Last edited:
Ok, own up - which of you folks on here stuck 25 grand at 1 / 500 on Bertie to retain his seat in Dublin central . 25 grand to win 50 euro ! Maybe your man from Paddy Powers on the news last night was taking the piss but if not I would respectfully suggest that the punter in question proceed immediately to the Blackrock clinic for an MRI scan .

The one thing I have noticed today is how inept the Returning Officers have been. Between getting figures wrong, forgetting candidates and all round hesitancy, they don't exactly inspire confidence. Where are they dug up from and how hard is it to read a prepared script???