Elderly Travel Insurance

Little Sis

My mum is 77 and we are heading to Spain this week. She has ho travel insurance or priavte health insurance. Thankfully she is in great health but as I never travel without insurance myself I am looking to buy her some. Maybe annual as she may do some more trips this year.

Can anyone help with sites who quote for the elderly. I have looked at AA but am wondering if there is anything more competitive?

Regards

LS

thanks Sue Ellen - she did not have the EHIC and while I am now in the process of applying for it, it will not be eady in time for this trip.

I had/have checked the link and other than AA, there does not appear to be any other older pensioner 77+ travel insurance company available

From www.ehic.ie :

What if I don’t have time to get a Card before I travel?
You can get a Temporary Replacement Certificate, which gives you the same entitlement as the Card, but for a shorter period, and can be issued by your local Health Office. One Temporary Replacement Certificate is issued per person.

The FAQ page on this site lists all the local health offices with addresses and telephone numbers. I got temporary certs on the spot just before Christmas last year.

Back