Eire-Brac (Just off Split coast)

Killter

Hi folks

If anyone can give me a hand it woud be much appreciated......

Im trying to get to an island called Brac just off the Split coast.......ryanair fly to Pula but I'm trying to get a connection from there to Split or preferably straight to Brac.

Any suggestions???...

go raibh maith agaibh

Re: Eire-Brac (Just off Split)

I was in Split last year - it seems to be a major hub for ferries to the islands (I went to Hvar, but other islands surely reachable from here).

Jadrolinija are the state owned ferry company - you should find details here. Ferries are fairly frequent and very cheap (approx €5).

http://www.jadrolinija.hr/

Pula is a long way from Split - Aer Lingus to Dubrovnik would be closer.

You'd likely have to take a bus from Pula to Split - probably an overnight bus (trains in Croatia aren't very useful)

Jadrolinija as quinno mentions are the (state owned?) Croatian Ferry company - they certainly have frequent ferries from Split to Brac - it's only a couple of miles, I believe the ferry port on Brac is called Bol.

Jadrolinija do run a ferry down the coast too which would go overnight from Rijeka which isn't too far from Pula down to Split - but the bus is probably faster and more comfortable (there's a new motorway down a good stretch of the coast now which makes it much faster)

Bus it to Rijeka ( www.autotrans.hr ) then you can catch a train or bus south. Long slog, and you know, Brac is one of the least attractive islands, Vis or Ugljan (despite the name) are crackers.