Eircoms €19.99 BB service

ninsaga

...which they are clearly advertising as €19.99 pm...does this pose as false advertising? Reason being is that you either have to pay an extra €2 pm to rent a router (bringing your monthly fee now to €21.99) or else buy the router for over €40.

...I really despise this shoddy & misleading kind of advertising!

ninsaga

Presumably the €2 p.m. equipment rental is not included because some people will supply their own router and the price quoted/advertised is for the service and not for additional equipment?

False advertising - absolutely.

Broadband = always on. Eircom's €19.99 BB service is not always on, so it's not broadband!

[broken link removed]

Worst decision the Government (i.e. Misinter Mary O'Rouke) ever made was to privatise a strategic asset!

Lemurz said:
Broadband = always on.
Not necessarily. Broadband just refers to bandwidth. It says nothing about temporal connectivity. I'm not defending eircom on this particular issue but just trying to get the technical facts straight.

To be fair ninsaga, I don't think it's false advertising. Terms and conditions apply? Always read the small print?

Anyway, I would imagine that this is fairly poor value compared with the always on solution?