Eircom versus BT

leonB

Has any one got any advice on the new eircom broadband bundles?
I am currently with BT and when I switched from Eircom last year I got broadband with BT for the same cost as our landline bill with Eircom? Has there been that big a shift? Thanks

Just switched from Eircom to BT today.

Was paying over €50 for 1MB broadband and line rental with Eircom. Had a line but i didn't bother gettin a phone. Am now going to get 1MB broadband, line rental and unlimited calls to any local, national and uk landline for €47! I will have to add VAT on to this but its a great deal.

They also gave me a free ipod shuffle!

I am a total novice when it comes to broadband, my dial up internet and phone is with perlico without any problems.
My phone line is not suitable for broadband-- rural Ireland, neighbours on each side can get it.
I have applied to Eircom for new line (I know there is no guarantee this will work either)
When new line is in do I then order broadband from eircom and later change to whoever I want or do I cancel the deal with Perlico first

Maggie, it's quiet easy now. You sign a form with the new provider that allows them to take control of the line from the existing provider. That should be it.

Hi I Am also interested in getting Broadband and dont know which to choose, Eircom 2mb bundle or Esat BT 2mb
One of the main reasons for getting broadband is to talk to relations in the uk maybe through Skype or on line some how to cut down on costs, I'm new to this so i dont know how exactly it would work, (any advice on this would be great)
But i noticed on the esat package uk calls are included as part of the package price so to me Esat look the better option already. down side you have to pay €45 for the wirless modem which is included in the eircom package
I am currently have eircom for my phone calls and have no problems i am just wondering what BT's service is like or has any body had any problems with them or the broadband package the provide

Back