Eircom talk/broadband bundle

onway

Does anyone have the Eircom Talk anytime / Broadband bundle??Thinking of going for it - not sure if it is good value or not.

Line rental + all calls within Ireland + Broadband = €54.99 per month.

The broadband is 1mb downstream,128k upstream 10gb download and 1gb upload - no idea what all that means.....!!

It's a pretty good deal. Only thing is how many calls to landlines do you make? Personnally I ring mobiles the whole time, so free calls to landlines isn't of much benefit

I have the full package - mobile phone package which includes line rental, local, national and mobile calls €39.99 per month and all time broadband for €24.99 per month, total €64.98 per month. Excellent service. Had a few teething problems with broadband but customer services brilliant and talked me through. I went for Eircom because in my opinion they give priority to their own customers.

Hi Oldtimer - thanks for that bit of advice, didnt even know eircom did such a deal. That should save me a fortune, cos my phone bill is always sky high from mobile phone calls?
Any idea whether or not it's a smooth transistion moving back to eircom from BT?

You sure about that, oldtimer?

According to the Eircom [broken link removed], that €39.99/month mobile package gets you:
  • 60 minutes to any mobile network, any time, plus 5% off calls to mobiles thereafter.
  • 200 anytime minutes for local and national calls.
Your bill (including broadband) will only be €64.98 per month if you don't go over those limits.

onway, see www.getbroadband.ie to compare packages and check availability in your area. BT's equivalent package (for example) is only €45/month — or €54 if you want a 2Mb broadband service.

Yes, I got the eircom BB package, and it works fine. I read with interest all teh comments here on AAM (and grateful for them too!) before buying. In favour - you get it installed fairly quickly (I waited nearly 2 months for NO contact from Imagine which appeared to be the cheapest) and you know you will get service. Against, its not the cheapest by any means, and you agree to a 12 month contract. Read the small print, and print off the stated rental and other charges, count them up and make sure you compare them to your first bill. Also, as Dr Moriarty says, I don't think you'll get all your mobile calls included, but I don't remember for sure.

Yes DrMoriarty I am aware of the time limits on the mobile package - was going to point out these but personally I have no problem stay within these limits. However, I am glad you have pointed them out. All readers of this thread should not your accurate time limits and bear in mind it is not unlimited calls. Re your comments about BT - I was impressed with their €45 package and was going for it until I read quite a few posts on AAM from unhappy customers.

Cheers, oldtimer (someone older than me? :eek: )

I just thought I'd mention it in case purplealien above — and perhaps others — might get the idea that this package would bring their 'sky-high' mobile bills down to a flat rate of €64.98 per month.

God, I look forward to the day when my phone bill will consist of <60 minutes of calls per month to mobiles and <200 minutes to landlines! I reckon my darling daughters probably clock up more than that each...

I find that BT package is about the best value for our particular usage pattern (lots and lots of short calls to landlines, many of them at peak times) and I'd have to say that the broadband is pretty good in terms of reliability, etc. I've also found their technical support very good on the rare occasions I've needed it. It's a pity that their customer care and billing services are such an unmitigated disaster... :(

I have [broken link removed] for €49.95 and it suits me perfectly. I'm working all day so very rarely have to make a call during the day and you can call all landline numbers after 6pm on weekdays and all weekend for up to an hour for free. I make all my 087 mobile calls from my mobile. I've learned the hard way to text the other mobiles to save myself the cost of the call! As for broadband usage, I find the 1MB allowance fine. You can check how much usage you've used and I've never used much of the allowance. I signed up 3 times for BT Broadband online and never heard back from them. Phoned them once and I was holding so long that I just hung up. I have to say I've never had a problem with Eircom, I find them very efficient.

Currently with UTV for my phone calls and line rental. Is their Clicksilver Broadband a good deal??

Back