Eircom soccer clubs' tax probe

Murt10

From todays I Indo

...."the Revenue Commissioners issued a High Court petition to wind up the company, Accolade, that runs Shelbourne FC.

CEO Ollie Byrne has called on the government to grant a tax amnesty for Eircom League clubs which, he said, would give them a fresh start.".....

http://www.irish-independent.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=9&si=1589221&issue_id=13861

Mr Byrne should be told to go to take a hike.

I have no problem with the Government putting money into Eircom football clubs, but to give them a tax amnesty is not on, as it encourages tax evasion, and rewards dishonesty.

The more money they have stolen from the taxpayer, the more that will be written off, and the more the culprit stands to gain.

Murt

Murt10 said:
Mr Byrne should be told to go to take a hike.
... to the High Court with an examinership petition [broken link removed]?
Last year, the Revenue reached agreement with Shamrock Rovers as part of its examinership process.

The club had owed the taxman €1.5 million, but the Revenue settled for €40,000.
After all, he's [broken link removed] to our courts system! :D
I have no problem with the Government putting money into Eircom football clubs, but to give them a tax amnesty is not on, as it encourages tax evasion, and rewards dishonesty.
As Bohs member with real concerns in this area for my own club I totally agree.

Shels dont appear to have any problems buying players.

If I didn't pay my tax/PRSI liabilities I could afford all sorts of extravagant luxuries - for a while at least.

hopefully my club Dundalk are clear. they were in difficulties but coudn't get the grant for the plastic pitch until the revenue were happy. no money for players though.

The indo said ollie was going to be on the clubs live webchat this evening answering questions.

[broken link removed]

Back