Eircom phone installation - West Cork

meular

Has anybody had an eircom phone line installed recently in West Cork? Just wondering what the average installation time is from placing the order to actually getting a line?

On a separate matter, is there any business centre or other office (again in West Cork) where a small area basically a desk & chair could be rented on a daily or weekly basis that would have broadband. I am moving there shortly and I need broadband to work but I have heard some horror stories about the time it takes to get an eircom line and the wait afterwards for broadband.

Any help or advice appreciated - thanks.

In alot of west cork you may not be able to get broadband on your eircom line due to the quality of the lines and the distance from the local exchange. One option is to go wireless broadband.
May be worth checking with eircom before you order your line and then discover that it is not broadband compatable.
Rapid broadband supply this service and they also can supply a telephone line over the wireless internet. look at : [broken link removed].
P.S. before i am asked I have no connection with this company only a happy customer.
Office space is sometimes available to rent in the west cork technology park in Clonakilty. See : [broken link removed]

Thanks Sparkey - will try this company. Also thinking of getting the vodafone 3g modem, I will have 14 days free trial. I have been assured (I admit by Vodafone!!) that it is selling and works well in the West Cork area.

Ditto what Sparkey said! I got my eircom line very quickly BUT there is no broadband - not sure what the time limit will be. Definitely check out the Vodafone thing carefully - my mobile doesn't work 50% of the time and when it does, only upstairs

Coppeen