Eircom Monopoly

dodo

I used to be with Eircom then went to Esat, now that Smart are now up and running in my area ,I want to proceed with my application and sign up with them for their 35 Euro BB with Line rental with 3 Meg's. Smart have informed me this morning that I can not transfer to them from Esat. I have to go back to Eircom first then I can sign up fully with Smart. Does this not sound mad Ted, been on to Conreg they said this is true because of whatever way the exchanges work. Annoying

To be honest it's probably the safest route. If you try to transfer from BT to Smart, Eircom are going to be involved at some point so you're better off switching to Eircom beforehand so they only have themselves to talk to/fight with.

As far as I know the need to switch back to eircom before switching to Smart is eircom playing silly buggers. Don't expect ComReg to do much about it. They're just the regulator...

[broken link removed]

Does anyone else feel that Eircom have completely alienated themselves from their customers. Anyone I talk to despises the company, and as soon as an opportunity to ditch them (in so far as that is possible) arises they do so. Their little scams such as that highlighted above (and the speed with which they've rolled out broadband) just tend to make the ill feeling against them worse.

what surprises me most is that eircom appear to totally set against a broadband/line rental package. obviously quite happy with the current set up.