Eircom Fee for 1st time connection

sabrina

Can anyone confirm that the Eircom charge has a 1st time connection fee of 120 euro, even though the builders have cables connected and eircom connected them into the house a few months ago. Is the fee to activate the line? I read on their net that it was Free 1st time connection - does this only apply if there was a phone already connected up ie: previous owner?

Its all a tad confusing. Took me 8 phone calls to Eircom Sales after getting cut off 7 times to find out if anyone knew off our address!!!! Are they still as dozy as ever?

Sabrina,

I hoked up our phone line just last night, after much baf and forth with eircom. the line had a dial tone when I pluged my phone into the socket and I dialed (i think!?) 199000 or 19000 and got an automated number for the line. Then I called eircom to connect the line, gave them this number so they could trace me easily (although they had our apartment number wrong?), I was told there was no connection fee. I'm in a new build, the socket was already installed by eircom.
Hope this helps.
ad

Excellect. Thanks for that. I'm in new build also and i couldnt understand why there was a fee as the 2 Eircom guys that were out said they shouldnt be. I have a pet hate for Eircom with previous experieces in the past. But unfortunately there is no way around the connection!! Thanks, i am off to buy a phone and see what tone (if any) i get.