Eircom broadband drops when landline rings

States

Every time I make or receive a call on my landline, my broadband connectiong drops temporarily.

anyone got a workaround for this. My ISP and landline is from eircom?
Thanks

I recently had the same problem with a BT cordless phone - I upgraded the phone to the eircom 7020 - and the it has fixed the problem.

Is this just recently or has it always been like this? Do you have the DSL microfilter(s) on the line?

Another vote for filters...

If you have a Sky Digibox people often forget to filter them....

I get it periodically on an unfiltered extension as well. Just lifting and replacing any receiver clears it immediately for me, and service resumes.

Micro Filter (Splitter) will work, Eircom should supply these when they give a modem shouldn't they?

I think most ISPs give you one or two but if you need more then they are easy to find in the shops or online.

Our main landline connection is in the hall, if we pick up that phone it interfers w/eircom broadband, however we have an 'extension' phone beside computer, we can take and receive calls w/no interferance.

Are both phones connected via microfilters? Sometimes you can get away without them depending on the cable/phone etc.

Back