eircom broadband bundle - billing

Jethro

Hi folks. Just wondered if anyone out there can confirm a point on the billing arrangements for eircom broadband bundled packages.

I signed up for a broadband home plus and talktime after hours package earlier this month. This entitles me to a monthly €5 discount on the combined €60 cost. I just got my first bill and there is no sign of a discount. I called eircom and I was told that the discount does not appear until my second bill as the charges are paid in advance and the discount is applied retrospectively. Seems a bit odd but I'll live with it as long as this is definitely the way it works.

Anyone able to confirm this? (I'm tempted to ask if anyone was even able to work it out as the eircom bills are so complicated. I had to work through it pretty carefully to even see what I was being billed.)

Cheers.

I think this is correct. I made the same query and got the same answer. Everything was sorted out on my second bill.

Thanks for that.

In fairness to eircom customer service I have found them to be reliable. I've got a couple of credits before when I queried items, with no fuss. So it seems I can be happy enough that I'll get the credit this time also.

And their broadband support line was pretty helpful in getting my speed up this week. Who would have thought ADSL filters could really make so much difference... :eek: Next time I'll follow the installation instructions properly.

Back