Eircom BB..Noisy Phone Line

igora

Hi All,

I recently installed Eircom Broadband at home. While I have no complaints with the actual BB service - I do have a problem now with my telephone line. The line is permanently distorted with an audible crackling / frying sound. I applied filters onto all telephone sockets around the house but this has only helped marginally. I am now at the stage where I call the caller back from a mobile the noise is so bad.

I did not have any disturbance on the line before the BB was installed. I rang BB Tech Support to be told that an engineer is available to call out to check but if BB is not at fault then I am liable for his bill. I was also told that it was unlikely that BB is causing the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

All replies appreciated.

Igora

Is your phone close to the router? I find that the sound on ours is pretty poor when I am sitting/standing near the router, but the problem goes away when I move away from the router (it's a cordless phone).

We have UTV phone and broadband.

I installed Eircom BB for a relation and the same noise - I got rid of it by REMOVING the filter from the main phoneline entry point!

We get the fry up here as well and we dont have BB. It has happened for four years now. Telecom supervisor came in here and checked the line and said it was ok. I went and bought a new phone and things were slightly better. It only happens when I phone certain people so am not always sure if it is us here or them. I have yet to get a clear line. But when I see the telephone lines around the country roads here almost in the ditches and the poles propped up I sometimes wonder?.

Just found this post - find it interesting. I have bb from BT and have had the problem since I got it installed. Eircom also came out and checked the phone line and said it was fine. Got replacement filters from BT, problem persists - it's not all the time, ie I could hang up and call back the person and the phone line will be fine. Anyway, just wondering if anyone did resolve it?

I have a Zxyel Modem with a Linksys Wireless Router attached.
wishbone

In a word no- my landline is still very distorted.. its so bad in fact that I rarely use it now to make calls.