Eircom and yahoo emails

Megan

When my daughter sends me an email from her yahoo email to my eircom email account - eircom shows I have an unread mail but when I click on it the mail is blank. I can get around it by clicking View Source but any ideas out there as to what is causing this to happen.

Are your browser settings such that you connect through your ISP's proxy server by any chance? I had problems accessing certain Yahoo sites in the past via the proxies used by some Irish ISPs (e.g. UTV and maybe others). Never figured out why but switched from proxy to direct connection to internet anyway and the problem went away.

Does the problem happen in all browsers just in case it's a brower specific problem?

Thanks Clubman. It only happens with my daughter's Yahoo.com email account. She can send me email from her college account no problem. My son also has a yahoo account and I can get emails from him. I dont have this problem with any other mail. She can send the same mail to her dad's .ie account. I have eircom broadband. My incoming proxy server is POP3.

My incoming proxy server is POP3.
No - that's your email server. What I'm talking about is whether or not the browser connects via a proxy server.

Anyway - my suggestion is irrelevant since you are using eircom mail (webmail?). I thought that the problem was when connecting to a Yahoo account. So ignore those comments. But have you tried another browser?

I have connected via Internet Explorer and Firefox but the yahoo email is still blank. I can forward it to an .ie mail address and it opens ok in that.

Last edited:
Is your daughter sending in an unusual font that is not displayable on your computer? If so, see if she can send a plain text message and whether you can see it.

I just tried sending a test from an yahoo.ie address and sent it to my eircom webmail address and could view it fine. If you highlist the message body does the text appear ? If so maybe its the font colour she is using when typing, possibly using white ?

Thanks paddyc. Her yahoo account is a yahoo.com. She isn't using any special font. I just got photos from her and they open ok.