Eir outage?

Jazz01

(Besides the usual issues with Eir!)
Anyone experiencing outage with Eir at the moment? No phone or broadband in west cork. No details on Eir web site of outage... Online chat isn't working.

I'm sick of them. No service today in parts of the sunny south-east. After a 23 minute wait I got through to a 'Dude' who kept calling me "Mate" despite knowing my name. He said the outage, caused by installing more fibre to improve overall service, would be fixed by 8:00 pm. It wasn't, nor was it fixed by 9:00 pm, nor by 10:30 pm. I checked again around midnight and we had lift-off. A useless shower the lot of them, even my new BFFFFL (best female French-speaking friend for life) Laura, who lied to me about credits and billing..

Dealing with call centre operators is like trying to negotiate a price reduction with an Asian shelf stacker in a Spanish supermarket. Managers of companies like Eir (I'm not referring to "Team Leaders" in call centres) get a free ride inasmuch as nobody contacts them. The call centre is to the fore. You have to wait two hours before you speak to somebody there who will refuse to let you speak with any form of management. People working in call centres have enough stress in their lives on a minute-to-minute work day. They get abused, insulted, shouted at, etc. Callers behave differently in contacting the call centre than they do in a long bank queue for the same time.

Get to the respective manager in Eir. Use the internet for contact and ring him/her or call to the respective depot. The average working life of a call centre operator can be compared to a US army first lieutenant serving in Vietnam during the war. The only difference is the call centre operator does not go home in a box.

Seems there was an Eir outage on Wednesday, affected their network, which was restored late Wednesday in my area. But additional fun, pole hit by tractor trailer, brought down the wire. Looking at a few days outage waiting for that to be repaired.

Back