Eir Fibre to the Home I cannot switch and take advantage of any offers offering 100mb Fibre,

josh8267

Hi
Most switchers offer Fiber broadband at 100mb , When I put my Eircode into the system It tell me there is no Fiber Availability for this Eircode number
Eir connected me up around feb 2018 on a 18 months contract, When I ordered it first it was for 100mb ,when they were putting in the broadband the Existing Phone line which I was not using got disconnected,
There is an Eircom duct outside my house housing both phone line and Broadband, The fiber is running in the same duct as old land line from Eircom duct to home ,

Landline got damaged when installing broadband between house and Eircom duct , seeing I used the Fiber broadband as landline it never got repaired,

A nice problem to have my Broadband speed is 150mb because I now have Fiber to the home ,(when i checked it this evening download over 130mb
Upload 29.8 mb

If the Landline was still there when it went live I would have 100mb fiber to the cabinet, Eir are now telling me I cannot take up the offers of 100mb broadband from other providers, as the installed Fiber to the Home,
Any posters come across this problem ,
PS
Eir are charging me an extra 6.99 euro for the extra 50mb I was expecting after contract finished I could change back to 100mb
I signed up for the SKY offer of 59.99 at end of contract my understanding is Eir will not transfer because they installed fiber to the home,

Last edited:
Eir installed fibre to my house initially and made me believe they were the only ones providing it. Coincidentally they also broke the landline connection but fixed it fairly quickly. After the year contract was up the price increased. I then rang them to ask how much it would be for broadband only as I considered getting rid of the landline - it was going to cost more! Vodafone called to the house one evening and asked if I'd switch. I told them I was under the impression that Eir were the only providers and they said that once the lines were there, we could use any provider. So we switched. The speed is the same as with Eir. Contact another provider and enquire about switching, if it's not possible they will tell you.

There are a whole host of providers doing fibre to the home I’ll post a link later if I think of it

count yourself lucky to have it the amount of people who achieve 100mb on regular ‘fibre’ is miniscule

Back