Egypt holiday advice

Ensure that you visit as a minimum , the Pyramids, Egyptian Museum, Valley of Kings (Luxor) and Abu Simbel (south of Aswan). My overall highlight was Abu Simbel, it was fantastic and well worth a visit.

If you are going to Sharm El Sheikh; you won't go wrong with the Sunrise Island View resort north of central Sharm.

Also, do consider diving if you are in Sharm as it has some of the best dive sites in the world nearby. I did my PADI Open Water course there and it was half the price you would pay in Ireland. Even if you never did diving before, you can do a try dive where you are taken in to the water by an instructor to give it a go to see whether you like it. You will know pretty quickly whether it is for you. And if you don't like it, no harm done; it doesn't cost much and is better than forking out for the full course and discovering you don't like it then

Its a great holiday - we did it last year for 2 weeks
Stayed in Luzor -did all the sights,flew to Cario and went to the Pyrimids and into one of them and then back to luxor and did a 3 day nile cruise.

Hello,

Im headin away to Egypt in 2 weeks and I was wondering if anyone can tall me what the value for money is like against the euro?

Also, how expensive is the flight from Sharm el Sheik to Cairo?

You get about 7 LE for the €; well you did last year.

I flew from Cairo to Sharm for €145 return; booked it on www.lastminute.ie

they use american dollars as their currency in Egypt?? Really? Well Ive ordered egyptian pounds, so im hoping its ok to use that?? Also, does anyone kno the price of the flight from sharm to cairo?

thanks

ive looked into internal flights for cairo to shalm, i strongly do NOT reccommend lastminute.com (rip-off), try egyptair.com, ive been told theyre real cheap.

OK, question for all those who are into their diving, whats the best dive spot in thr red sea?