Eflow charges, car taken without permission

B

bananasherry

Hey all
have a wee problem, my mates sister took my car and used the M5o alot, eflow sending me bills of apx 1000 euro. Am i responsible as the car is registered to me?
Please help, any advice would be great

nope, as didnt want to get anyone in trouble.

Wonder what your insurance company would think of this. There could also be speeding fines in the pipeline. Who's to say if she has done it once that she won't do it again or to someone else. Its yourself who could well be in trouble in the long run if you don't address the problem.

What the chances of getting her to pay up? If there are lots of fine, then it must have been going on for a good while. Did you not think of hiding your keys?

Hey all
have a wee problem, my mates sister took my car and used the M5o alot, eflow sending me bills of apx 1000 euro. Am i responsible as the car is registered to me?
Yes. This has obviously been going on for a while. "A lot".
Please help, any advice would be great
Hide your keys.

You have a few options
1) Pay the bill yourself
2) She's prepared to pay the bill with no issues
3) You have to get nasty, and report her for taking your car without permission.

3) You have to get nasty, and report her for taking your car without permission.
Are you absolutely sure that she didn't have permission?

How does anybody's mate's sister get to take a car regularly without permission?

it's a bit "dog ate my homework" kind of thing. do you just leave the keys lying about dangling in front of your mates sister, tempting her?

+1 what Billo has posted.

bananasherry, if someone takes you car without your consent its a theft and you should have reported it.

From your lack of response it seems the person in question was driving your car with your consent.
Your insurers may be liable if someone drives your with your consent and has an accident.

What I don't understand is the extent to which you have allowed this to happen.
How is the person in question able to get access repeatedly to the car?

If your car available to anybody to drive if they need a car?
If so do you have an open insurance policy for this?

Is any of this related to your previous thread on AAM in relation to you taking a job in Northern Ireland?

€1,000 is 166 two-way €3 trips across the M50...

€1,000 is 166 two-way €3 trips across the M50...

just to note, it would only take approx 7 unpaid tolls to amount to €1,000 in fines.. so I doubt the OP 'lent' the car 166 times

€3 original toll
+ €3 1 day late
+ €39.50 14 days late
+ €98 56 days late
= €143.50

Back