Effect of crash damage to resale value of car

C

cleo14

I’m trying to estimate what effect previous crash damage will have on the resale value of a 2001 Clio, mileage approx. 65K. As a result of two accidents a few years ago, both passenger doors and the front driver wing were replaced and minor repairs were carried out to a headlight and the front bumper. From what I’ve seen, the average price of 2001 models is around €6,500. Would anyone know roughly how much this would be reduced by due to the history of the car?

Does anyone have any advice for selling a car with that history? I’m presuming that I would have difficulty trying to sell it through a private sale.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Insurance companys work off 10% of the total bill for the body work, the Car industry demands more when traded in. Because you have had 2 accidents it's even more, It's hard enough to get a paint job to match once let alone twice, The cars after fading and you've got a plactic wing
sprayed and poss a plastic front bumper. In your opinion can you see the different shades in the colours? Can you see where nuts have the paint taking off where they were removed and re-fitted. It's not deemed structural damage so it really is a case of buyer be ware. However it could
come back and bite you. Best thing to do is advertise it a crashed repaired, maybe €5,750 or €5,500 and see if it bites.If you get a lot of intrest hold at your price if not haggle. If you trade it in to a garage you have to give them the full history and it's worth very little to them coz they cant sell it.

I think that a good job was done on the repairs - I (and others) have not noticed a difference in colours. The front wing replacement is probably the most obvious thing but that really needs checking very closely to notice.
Does the car history not have to be given to any buyer or is it dependent on the buyer asking?

If you want wait and let the buyer ask but be prepared that if someone travels and then find out that it has been crashed with all this panel work and you didnt tell them over the phone you could land yourself in very hot water. Also if a buyer brings a person who knows something about cars they wont be long finding out and you could be left holding onto a car for a lot longer than you want.

Buyer beware ?
You could be the very honest type and come out with it up front or you could see if the buyer notices anything.
If you notice bodywork a bit off then should check the chassis, enginer bay, boot, etc to see if any major damage.
After noticing bodywork a little off, I did see somebody check the underside of a car and he realised the car had take a pretty big side impact and in affect the car was bent, just like the seller in this case.