efel Harmony 1 stove

bantragh

Purchased the above multifuel at S. murphy in Kinvara Galway 18 months ago. It came with good reputation and fitted by professional. I am not impressed - we nearly have to sit on top of it to get heated. I am amazed at lavishing of praise on similar Stoves ie 'have to leave doors and window open to let out heat' etcl on this website. what are we doing wroooooong?
The fact that we only turn it on for 4 weeks at Xmas and 4 at Easter - should that make a difference? Is the degree of heat from it due to cumulative. however its as useless on day one as the end of week 4. Anyone got this particular model/idea?

My own guess that it has been either fitted, commissioned or serviced incorrectly, or perhaps you have it fuelling a back boiler as well as the room itself, which it won't do satisfactorily. I have owned one of these for 7 years and it is excellent. Murphys in Kinvara are very good on customer service and should be willing to help you. You should go back to them and ask for a second opinion from a different fitter.

thank you - I am comforted to know that I didnt just pick a dud model. What do you burn in yours - I have tried it all - polish coal, briquettes and even turf separatey and even together - but it eats fuel. I read on this forum how so put on a shovel of polish coal in the morning and it was still going in the evening!!!!!! ( a jotul if I remember correctly)
Oh there is no back boiler - it is simply installed under a chimney in a very old house - chimney deemed spot on by the installer and in fairness seems ok (unless all the heat is going up the chimney or something!)