Edinburgh Hotels

Town

Anyone got a recommendation for a 4/5 star hotel in Edinburgh. It's a 20th wedding anniversary visit for myself and my wife.!!

Anyone got a recommendation for a 4/5 star hotel in Edinburgh. It's a 20th wedding anniversary visit for myself and my wife.!!

Well, that's a happy coincidence!

How about Kew House? Trip Advisor reports

I'm duty bound to re-state the old truism... "you'd have more fun at a Glasgow funeral than an Edinburgh wedding"

I can recommend the Radisson on the Royal Mile, nice modern hotel in great location, about 10 mins walk from the castle. Stayed there last summer.

I stayed in the Radisson too a few years ago - just about 4* but a terrific location on the Royal Mile. Check out the top 10 or more favourite hotels on tripadvisor - To be honest unless you get a great deal I would look elsewhere as I am sure there are better 4* hotels in Edinburgh.

Your wife might appreciate the spa at the the Sheraton, it is reported to be fantastic.

Otherwise the Bamoral is traditional and in an excellent location or the Radisson on the royal mile is a good 4*.

Recently stayed in the Holyrood hotel 4* just off the Royal Mile, nice hotel, traditional style again but not the best location.

Hi

I would second the recommendation of the Sheraton. It is lovely. I've stayed in a few hotels in Edinburgh over the years and I think this is the best.

I'm duty bound to re-state the old truism... "you'd have more fun at a Glasgow funeral than an Edinburgh wedding"
Well Glasgow must be brilliant then.

We spent last weekend in the Scotsman in Edinburgh. Great location, and friendly staff. Fairly standard spa area. They have a range of different types of suites and rooms, so you can spend bunches of money if you want.
We didn't go the the castle, but went on the open top tour bus, which was pretty good. Would also recommend the witchery, if you're looking for somewhere nice to eat.

This was our first visit to Edinburgh, and have nothing else to compare this hotel to.

(BTW, I have developed quite a fondness for haggis with a wee dram)

Well Glasgow must be brilliant then.

As indeed it is!

Edinburgh's alright, just a bit of inter-city rivalry. I wouldn't put anyone off going there. If you applied the thumb screws tight enough, I might even admit I've enjoyed myself there once or twice.

Just back from Edinburgh having stayed in the Sheraton. Would highly recommend. Great spa, food and location.

Hey,

Thinking of going to Edinburgh for New Years this year anyone know of short term apartment rentals there? Or ok hotels in the city centre, dont have to be posh just alright will do!

Any other recommendation gratefully received i.e. restaurants etc.

B

For a truly lavish experience, I would recommend The Witchery. It's on the Royal Mile, a stone's throw from the castle. They have 7 individual suites, all decorated in a different style. It's far from cheap, but definitely worth it for a special occasion. I stayed in the Library suite a few years ago, and it was wonderful. Every day, a bottle of sparkling wine, some cookies and fudge were left in our room. A continental breakfast was carried across from their restaurant across the street. (Lord help the staff, carting everything up and down that spiral staircase!) There was also a little kitchen hidden behind a secret door with a kettle, fridge, and various other bits and pieces. Check it out here: http://www.thewitchery.com

Don't know about apartments, but Jury's Inn is pretty good. Not overly expensive, but clean and has friendly staff. It's only a few minutes' walk from Prince's Street, and the bus from the airport too.

One of my favourite places to eat while in Edinburgh is Deacon Brody's on the Royal Mile. The food is wonderful!

Last edited: