Edenmore or Finglas?

G

gra

Anyone know anything about either of these two areas? I know nothing about either and have looked at house in both and really like them.
The one in finglas is in Kippur Park near Tolka Valley Rd
The one in Edenmore is by Edenmore Park - close to Tonlegee Rd and Raheny Rd.
Anyone know if these are rough areas and how long it would get to city centre in rush hour traffic. Also amenities around here?

I don't know much about Finglas but my gran lives in Edenmore and has done for about 40 years. Its settled enough, mainly working class. Gran has no problems apart from young kids playing out on the road and traipsing through her garden to retrieve their ball (she lives in a cul-de-sac) though its hardly a major issue.

Edenmore is about a 10 minute walk to Raheny. So you have the Dart for getting into town. There are a couple of nice pubs in Raheny. There are two pubs in Edenmore, The Concorde and The Edenmore house (referred to as Eugenes) Its years since I was in the Concorde but it was alway an ok pub. I've never been in the Edenmore house.

There are a good few local shops, newsagents, chemist, Ali's Lido is great for chips...that chipper has been there as long as I can remember .

Tesco in Clare Hall is a short drive away as is Northside, Kilbarrack and Donaghmede Shopping centres. Your not too far from the M50 either.

There are a number of schools in the area. There are two primary schools facing the shops. There is a boys and a girls school..afaik this is still the case. There are quite a few secondary schools in the general area too.

The 42A/42B is the bus service. Afaik the 42B is more regular and uses the Malahide Road whereas the 42A uses the Howth Road. Not sure about the traffic but I would estimate it will take at least 1hr/1.5hr to drive into the city centre in rush hour traffic.

Sports wise St Monicas GAA club, Edenmore Celtic soccer club, Total Fitness gym on the Malahide Road, St Annes park in Raheny has tennis courts & a pitch & putt course.

Thats all I can think of for now. Feel free to shout with any questions. Good luck with your decision.

I don't know Edenmore but I'm living in Finglas at the moment. I live a little further out, near Lidl/Aldi and it's grand for getting into town. The various 40s fly down the bus lane and into town. If you're near the Tolka Valley you're even closer and I'd say 15mins to city centre, even in rush hour. The buses are really regular too. M50 is very close as well. There's loadsa shops around, Tesco, Superquinn, Lidl etc but as for pubs........I'd keep well away from them.

I grew up near Edenmore and in my opinion its not as rough as it once was. I would avoid any house near the shops or open parks as that is where the teenagers etc hang out. If the house you are looking at is away from that then you could do a lot worse.

The location is great for public transport and everything you could want is on your doorstep - shops, cinema, bowling, pubs, restaurants, beaches etc.

Lived there until last year for 2 very happy years, were forced to move for family reasons. Great for commuting into town. The Concorde is absolutely fine, and great for watching matches. Best pint of Guinness in Dublin is in the Station House by the Dart station (Dart is a great plus & if they aren't running loads of bus services).

Very settled area now, and if you are one of 'them' you will never have any probs. Houses are ex-Counsel and structurally very good.

There are some 'elements' around but if you don't buy near the shops or park as previously mentioned you'll be really happy there.

Also near St Anne's park, the beach, the M50 and loads more facilities...

Hmm, I'm thinking Edenmore sounds good. Thanks for all your help!