Edenderry Shopping Centre

MidlandsBase

I am mulling over whether you open a unit within Edenderry Shopping Centre (Cafe). Whilst I will be furnished with footfalls figures, etc for the last two years a personal view from people who may be familiar with the centre would be beneficial.

Any opinions from people from the area? particularly from Monday - Friday but Saturday - Sunday opinions very welcome as well.

Maybe people can comment on these figures if you are from the area. I received today footfall figures of 40000 per week for this centre. These aren't independent figures but furnished by the agent for the centre. Given that the populaton of Edenderry where person is older than 15 is about 4,500 and catchment area is about 25,000 this seems quite a tall figure to believe?

Anyone from the area who might be able to enlighten me?

Thanks.

you might be better off spending some time at the shopping centre (lunchtimes and weekends) yourself and also seeing what competitors are local, i know there's a very nice cafe on the main street in edenderry (or at least there was last year) that could impact on your trade.

There is a bagel bar or bagel factory in the shopping centre already. There is also an excellent cafe called Eden Deli on the main st. While it is busy the few times I have been in there I have never seen it packed (week day lunch time ish). I am not from Edenderry but live about 18 miles north of the town but sometimes take advantage to shop there as it is quietier than other spots.

Also another idea could be - what about a Franchise coffee shop. We were just talking in the office yesterday about good coffee shops and which ones make consistantly nice coffees. Butlers came out tops. There staff seemed to be well trained in the coffee making business. I have been to several of there premises as it is like you are in the same one. They offer a praline sweet with most coffees. There cakes and sandwiches are not over priced.
I have no connection with them only a totally satifified customer as are colleagues.

Thanks for the replies. I had planned on visiting the centre at varying times through out the week to get a very rough gauge to the centre. I have heard some negative comments about the Bagel Factory outlet from a few people but as it's the only operator within the centre it's hard to judge the reaction from the public to another café/sandwich bar.

In relation to the cafe on the main street as well I have to weigh up th 400 car park spaces which are in the centre, along with Dunnes Stores being an anchor tenant and judge if this is a competitive advantage towards any other cafe on the high street.

Also another idea could be - what about a Franchise coffee shop. We were just talking in the office yesterday about good coffee shops and which ones make consistantly nice coffees. Butlers came out tops. There staff seemed to be well trained in the coffee making business. I have been to several of there premises as it is like you are in the same one. They offer a praline sweet with most coffees. There cakes and sandwiches are not over priced.
I have no connection with them only a totally satifified customer as are colleagues.

This would be a franchised sandwich bar though not at liberty to say which one. I already operate one in another town and the opportunity has arisen to take Edenderry as well but not at any cost!

Back