Eddie Hobbs Again

gearoidmm

I was watching his performance on Tubridy the other night. Most of the advice he gave seemed sensible but at one stage he asked the audience to raise their hands if anyone knew what the ECB base interest rate was. One person raised their hand and said that it was 2.75%. Eddie laughed and corrected him saying that it was 2.25%. So much for our financial advisor.

On a side note, it was astounding that only one person in the audience even thought they knew what the base rate was. I had assumed that most people buying property had factored that in and were happy to absorb the future increases. Seems as if I was a little naive and overestimated the intelligence of us Irish.

gearoidmm said:
I was watching his performance on Tubridy the other night. Most of the advice he gave seemed sensible but at one stage he asked the audience to raise their hands if anyone knew what the ECB base interest rate was. One person raised their hand and said that it was 2.75%. Eddie laughed and corrected him saying that it was 2.25%. So much for our financial advisor.

On a side note, it was astounding that only one person in the audience even thought they knew what the base rate was. I had assumed that most people buying property had factored that in and were happy to absorb the future increases. Seems as if I was a little naive and overestimated the intelligence of us Irish.

No disrespect to Eddie but the advice he delivers on his TV show is that one would get from a child. "so you spend 50k and you eanr 30k. Well, you'll either have to earn more or spend less is what I'm saying to you...." I mean in fairness like...

I looked at the rte website but they don't have the interview posted yet. Id like to see it

legend99 said:
No disrespect to Eddie but the advice he delivers on his TV show is that one would get from a child. "so you spend 50k and you eanr 30k. Well, you'll either have to earn more or spend less is what I'm saying to you...." I mean in fairness like...
As I said here - sometimes it's necessary to state the seemingly bleeding obvious to some people. I don't know that many children who know the ins and outs of balancing budgets either.

Back