EBS Online mortgage balance different to actual balance

2bmortgagefree

Hi,
I have my mortgage with the Mortgage Masters EBS. I fixed in January at a rate of 3.25. It had previously been 4.64 and then 3.7. My account balance online differed to what I though it should be so I phoned EBS and was advised the online balance is the actual cost of paying off the Mortgage including early breakage fee and that my actual 'principal' balance was circa 1k lower. To be honest I find the EBS website very poor but surely they should show both balances and the balance reducing each month? All it shows is monthly payments. Has anyone else come across this?

I am seriously considering switching to KBC for their 5 year fixed of 2.65 which allows overpayments and gives 3K towards the cost.
Thanks
2bmortgagefree

The EBS online banking shows both the breakage fee and outstanding balance under Manage on the top right.

Hi Páid,

Thanks for your reply.

For me it shows redemption figure and breakage fee so I can work out the outstanding balance.

Thanks
2bmortgagefree

Just to let you know - if you do end up switching to KBC. . .

You cannot view your mortgage account online. You have to ring for balance checks.

Thanks HollowKnight useful to know. Dr Karls Mortgage calculator is very useful for keeping track of where I am in terms of my balance.