EBS Old Account

cojm

I have just taken €5,000 out of an old EBS saver account and transfered it into a new special saver account that has some level of interest. My question is that the person at the EBS counter didnt close the existing account and left a balance of €4.50 in it. When i asked she informed me that it was in my best interest to have an old account with the EBS just in case they change. I asked if there was any point of a blance of €4.50 and she told me that i should have a balance of €150 as a min??. This person didnt know much and now im not sure if i should now lodged €150 into this old account.

Any help would be appreciated.

You need €127 in a share account to get voting rights in the AGMs. So this is the value people are assuming will be required to to be included in a demutualisation. On a side note I see that they are improving in the branches (whats left of them), when I asking about it over 5 years ago they did not know what demutualisation meant. They rang HQ and put be on the phone to get the answer. BTW The answer to my question was that they would Never demutualise...

Thanks for info. Is there any movement towards demutralisation. The account is at 1% interest, but it migh be worth it.

You need €127 in a share account to get voting rights in the AGMs.
€125 according to . Also see . But there were slightly different figures mentioned in other contexts (€127 - i.e. IR£100 converted to €, €130 and now €150 above). I would (do) keep €130 or a bit more in a share account just to qualify for membership. If in doubt get your membership and voting status in writing from the EBS. There may well be share accounts paying more than 1% on the money lodged.