EBS cuts fixed rate to 2.9%

deltrotter

Hi All,

Apologies if this has already been posted. I see EBS has cut it's fixed rate from 3.0% to 2.9%.

I just called EBS there and they checked with the Loans department. I had fixed at 3.0% for 1 year in July of this year. They have just confirmed to me there will be no breakage fee for me to switch to 2.9%.

Just wanted to let you guys know. The process is a form has to be completed and signed and sent or dropped into EBS branch.

Thanks deltrotter.

I broke out of the 3.15% fixed rate to go on the 3.0% rate in June 2018 and fixed for two years with no breakage fee. I'm going to move to the 2.9% rate if I can.

How long are you going to fix for?

No problem Páid.

I am going to fix for 12 months. I think this will be the third time I have broken out of a 1 year fixed to avail of a lower rate with no breakage fee.

Hi guys rang EBS about switching to lower rate quoted me breakage fee of €529 , have fixed for 5 years at 3per cent , no breakage fee last year when going to lower rate wondering why fixed rate was not finished till May 2021

Hi All,

Apologies if this has already been posted. I see EBS has cut it's fixed rate from 3.0% to 2.9%.

I just called EBS there and they checked with the Loans department. I had fixed at 3.0% for 1 year in July of this year. They have just confirmed to me there will be no breakage fee for me to switch to 2.9%.

Just wanted to let you guys know. The process is a form has to be completed and signed and sent or dropped into EBS branch.

This seems to be specific to your case, we have been quoted circa 2.5k to "switch" to this rate.

yep rang this morning 4 years left on a 3.0% fixed and was quoted 3.5k to break internally and go to 2.9%, no thanks.

I have about 6 months fixed left on a balance of €125,000 and I was quoted €0 to break to go to 2.9%.

I have balance of 62000 and quoted)525 to break out 4years left on 3 percent , but not charged last year when going from 3.15 to 3 percent And had 3 years left on fixed rate

For anybody moving to 2.9% and who is currently fixed at 3% - EBS require you to have (along with their official switch form) a letter signed to say you wish to break out of 3% and move to 2.9%. I was up with EBS branch on lunch and they tell me this is what is required. They really do go out of their way to make things difficult for their so called customers. Off topic - I see also in this same branch only cash transactions from 10am - 2pm as a new rule from September!

They really do go out of their way to make things difficult for their so called customers.

Hi del

This is essential for them.

If rates went up some people would claim that they were moved without their permission.

Since the tracker problem, the banks need to document even the most obvious thing very clearly.

Brendan

Hi guys wondering why EBS charging breakage fee this year with 3 and half years left and no charge last year with 3 years left on fixed rate

Back