EBS changes to AIB Credit Card Payments

paper-folder

The EBS have notified me that they will no longer process payments to AIB visa accounts after 3 pm each working day. This applies irrespective of how you make the payment, even internet banking! Any payment after 3 will not be processed, and will not be automatically re-presented the next day - you will have to start again.

They are dishonest enough to blame EU legislation for this change, but when I rang them, they conceded that it was because their system couldn't process the payments quickly enough. Hard to believe that EBS is actually owned by AIB.

Call them on 1850 468 748 if this affects you, I for one will be switching my account if they don't come up with a better work-around for their IT issues.

Don't know how many people this affects, I'm sure it applies to many people like myself who had an old EBS visa card and who was shoved over to AIB when they got into bed with MBNA.

I got a letter from AIB before Christmas also notifying me of the same issue. However they also pointed out that it is only a temporary problem and it will be resolved by Jan 13th 2012.

Back