EBS are in the dark ages !!

bmm

It takes the EBS approx. 12 weeks to issue Annual Mortgage Loan statements!! If you ring them and ask for the statement for the previous year , the EBS will tell you sorry you must wait until the middle/end March to receive the statement!! How bonkers is this ?? !!!
Information that is available on the 1st Jan. but you must wait another 12 weeks for it !!
This proves just how backwards EBS is !!

yep. haven annoy me with this every year. and they won't issue a point in time statement and will only give a 'rough' indication over the phone

yes they are very very slow - I rang to find out what was keeping it and was told it was because there were so many to issue!

EBS still issue cheques when you close an account.
EBS refuse to do electronic transfers in a large number of situations.
EBS have a poor online website.
EBS branches are like something from the 1980's.

EBS are stuck in the past. It is a shame that AIB have not reinvested or changed EBS in any major way.

EBS still issue cheques when you close an account.
EBS are stuck in the past. It is a shame that AIB have not reinvested or changed EBS in any major way.
I don't think AIB knows what to do with EBS - they were forced to take them on, they maintain the network for a clientele that AIB wouldn't otherwise reach and they're not going to put funds into the business. I think it'll become a wind down business once AIB is privatised (and politicians won't be reacting to a reduction in competition and asking the Minister to save the outlet in their local town).

Yeah, it is really difficult to see what business strategy AIB have, if any, for EBS.

In many towns, there is both an AIB and EBS branch, it makes no sense to have 2 expensive branches owned by the same company, often meters awy from each other.

It seems that AIB are reluctant to take big decisions about the future of EBS.