eBay Refund.

Markove

Can I still claim a refund after the three month money back guarantee period has elapsed? I purchased a smartphone from a Chinese based seller which I returned as it was not the exact colour I ordered and no charger was included. I sent it back via tracked delivery and the item was marked as delivered to the sellers premises. They have denied ever receiving it and have stopped responding to my messages. The sum involved is €206.

Yes, but your should have run the initial issue through ebay's refund system. When making a claim use formal language, clear and concise bullet points. Include properly numbered and named screen shots of all correspondence and the proof of delivery. Referencing them in the bullet points.

Yes, but your should have run the initial issue through ebay's refund system. When making a claim use formal language, clear and concise bullet points. Include properly numbered and named screen shots of all correspondence and the proof of delivery. Referencing them in the bullet points.
Thanks. I'm finding it difficult to locate a point of contact or link on ebay.ie in order to do this. Is there a specific email address I can write to?
Can you do a charge back on your card?
I don't know. How does that work? Would I have to contact my bank rather than ebay in order to do so?

I don't know. How does that work? Would I have to contact my bank rather than ebay in order to do so?
Did you pay via credit card or via Pay Pal? If the latter then you're likely out of luck. Even if they find in your favour, they will only refund you if they can recover funds from the seller.

Did you pay via credit card or via Pay Pal? If the latter then you're likely out of luck. Even if they find in your favour, they will only refund you if they can recover funds from the seller.
No, it was not a PayPal transaction. It was paid by debit card so is there a better chance of getting refunded in that case?

Reactions: Leo
Did you raise a dispute via PayPal?

With PayPal, you have 180 days to make a complaint:

"Be aware that disputes must be opened within 180 days of your payment date, and that you and the seller will have 20 days to work things out."

I've been in a similar situation to yours (just once). I opened a dispute. I had to show proof of engagement with seller but it was an easy process and I got my refund.

Back