Eazy Pass Withdraw 2nd Lane on M50

GreatDane

Hi

Got this via e-mail from EazyPass:

IMHO, its a bad idea.

The introduction of a 2nd lane was excellent, in terms of offering existing pass members a better service & helping promote the future use of the service.

The more tags in operation, the faster people will get through the toll bridge, which can only be a good thing.

What they really need to do in my own personal view is:

* Keep the 2nd dedicated lane, but move it to the furtherest out toll booth, rather than the one next to the existing one. This would facilitate traffic in th outer lane & also, facilitate more traffic being "split" from the central and most congested lanes coming up to the tolls

* Promote the system more by offering more places to sign up for the service. Maybe start offering application forms in the daily papers etc

* Offer a continued small discount for using the service - we all like to save on costs, maybe in particular, for peak hour usage or something

* Maybe have a "EazyPass" only day on the M50 & show everyone just how well the traffic can move when there is no cash being used (or at the very least give the motorists who use EazyPass a day of half decent service on the M50 & East Link Bridge )

What do others think ?

Don't forget, e-mail them your thoughts per the invite in their message above by the way

Cheers

G>
http://www.rpoints.com/newbie

Any idea why the pass has to be mounted behind the rear view mirror? Or if you have a moisture sensor, on this? I have just bought a new (used) car, and the pass doesn't really attach well in the suggested location, so I haven't attached it. And from personal experience, I don't believe that not mounting the pass costs 30 second delays (not from what I've seen)

[broken link removed]

Simple solution - get rid of the toll!

Can't wait for Eddie's view in just under two hours...........

98fm are calling for just one morning without tolls - just to prove one way or another whether NTR are correct when they say the tolls are not the problem.

text "toll" to 51101.

(i checked , only the cost of an ordinary text!)

(the text is only to identify the support levels by the way)

Last edited:
Very interesting idea by 98fm

... sad thing is, it won't happen for fear by NTR / The Government, that 98fm & the people will prove correct

Remember, elections are expected next year ... use your vote

Cheers

G>
http://www.rpoints.com/newbie

I've experienced the opposite. Whether it be the person not remembering where they left the eazypass and having to search for it, or waving it all over in an attempt to have it register.

It's about as annoying as people at the top of a queue in a supermarket and then rustling about for money to pay - as if they weren't expecting to be asked for money.