Eating out in Cork city - recommendations?

Apparently Ivory Tower is tops. Off Oli Plunk.

Also if your chasing some high end easy on the eye delights try Jacobs On The Mall. As it's name suggests it on 'The.......'

BM

brian.mobile said:
Apparently Ivory Tower is tops. Off Oli Plunk.

Also if your chasing some high end easy on the eye delights try Jacobs On The Mall. As it's name suggests it on 'The.......'

BM

I have been in both of them. Ivory Tower was great. You have to book though, and it was 50 euro per person, it's great places for a couple.
Jacobs on the Mall was great, my bf took me there last year for our anniversarie, so don't really know how much the bill was, but it was more expensive than the Ivory tower, food was delicious, best place I've ever eaten in so far (in Ireland, of course)

We ate in Cafe Mexicana during the week, beautiful Mexican (duh) food, very good price and a good wine list as well. Came recommended to us and we'll definitely be going back

Fenns Quay do nice food and have an early bird menu also. [broken link removed]

dont know when u are going to cork
but if u sign up on Wagamamas home page , with email from time to time , they send out special offers 2 for one, for main courses during special times
Now really it only works if u are close friends etc
if this meal is to impress or is business related u would'nt really want to be saying now here is a coupon to get cheap er meals ! ha ha

if u like reasonable i find the English Market >Farm gate is Good but i dont know if u can book ahead
and there is always a queue in the seated area waiters side self service side can be hit and miss if u want to wait for a table but the food is good
I like i think its called abicus off paul street,
kafkas near roches on maylor street
scoozies
Tonys bistro in North main street is nice as well

Thre are many good restaurants in cork, like ruen thai, pandamamma, and eastern tandoori for Asian food, rossinis and il padrino for mediteranean food and jacobs and greenes for classic european, unforunately we have recently been to cafe de la paix on washington street, a place to really be avoided, we were served tasteless overpriced food and felt a oppressed by the cold and tacky decor, a better reataurant on washinton street would be the liberty grill which we find more imaginative and profesional.

Back