Easysell.co.uk are they genuine?

A

after three

I've just had a phonecall from an agent in Easyselluk.co.uk who saw my add on Donedeal where I'm selling a car and he told me he had a few customers interested in my car . They would pay me 200 over asking price of 6000 . They are a finance company he said and the customer he would send would have the cash up front to pay me provided they were happpy with car. I asked him what was in the deal for Easysell and he replied the finance deal for the car with their customer
.I told him I would be delighted to get cash for my car and then he told me that I had to pay 200 now to register with them and that they would refund me this money later on when car was sold.
Immediately sensors went up and I refused to pay any money before any deal.I suggested to him that things weren't bona fide with this deal and he was politely offended.When he wanted my reasons for saying this I said I had heard that scams were happening in relation to selling cars and I didn't want to get caught out.Weended the call at that point.
Was I correct? Was I nearly involved in a scam?

....then he told me that I had to pay 200 now to register with them and that they would refund me this money later on when car was sold.

There's your answer to how it works right there. For an upfront fee they say they will place an ad in multiple places. Don't think it's a scam, but might not get you a sale! I got a few calls from companies with the same story when I had a car on Autotrader.

Note that they only refund if the sale is done via Finance arranged by them.

SSE