Easy way to plaster brick garden wall?

Toby

We are looking at an ugly brick garden wall and I'd like to cover it up with something before growing plants in front of it. Is there any DIY solution? It doesn't have to look perfect at all as much of it will be eventually obscured by plants. Thanks

Have you thought about erecting trellises on the wall? They are really easy to put up, take the blandness away from the wall and facilitate growing some nice creeper plants

Yes, we're planning on putting up trellis but I thought the ugly brick would still show through. Wonder if its even worth painting the wall underneath first just to give it a nicer finish?

Hi Toby,

We have two brick walls in the back garden as well, we were thinking of painting them first and putting trellis up, but I think now we're going to buy lengths of fence that you can get from Homebase or B&Q or wherever and then put trellis onto that. The fence will hide the walls and then the trellis will allow the plants to grow up the fence....

M

Is it a wooden fence? Wouldn't you be worried the wood would rot eventually and create a problem down the line?

Yep it's a wooden fence. Not really worried about it rotting to be honest. Sure trellis is wooden as well...