Easy to run diesel car?

UnaS

Looking to buy a second hand diesel car.... will be travelling alot and want a car thats easy to run. Have been looking at Seat Leon and Ford Focus. Have found a 1.9L Seat Leon and Ford Focus 1.6TDI... any one know which would be a better option for me??
Looking for car with alloys, fogs, armrest, air con... all mod cons.

What years?

IMHO the Leon looks better and will perform better.

Both fairly reliable, the Focus probably more so. Focus will hold value better and provide a better overall ride, although the Leon will probably feel more sporty.

My heart would say Leon, but head possibly Focus.

Looking for an 06 or 07 car. Whats IMHO?? Looking for Zetec Focus buy very hard to find..... what would be next best option for ford focus if cant get zetec? See lx, tdi, etc not sure what all that means.

Whats IMHO??

In My Humble/Honest Opinion ;)

Looking for Zetec Focus buy very hard to find..... what would be next best option for ford focus if cant get zetec? See lx, tdi, etc not sure what all that means.

They are completely separate models - TDI = turbo diesel injection, which is very different in price and performance to e.g. the fairly underpowered, base Lx Focus.

Wouldn't have thought Zetec (which as I understand it refers to trim level only) version would be that hard to find though.

Wouldn't have thought Zetec (which as I understand it refers to trim level only) ...
Originally Zetec was a name used on many Ford inline 4 cylinder engines, they are multi-valve (16 , 20, etc) DOHC engines, but because it’s now used by Ford as a badge on the back to describe a level of trim, it confuses the divil out of people like me.

So when is Zetec an engine and when is Zetec a level of trim, well presumably if the engine is a Duratec and the badge on the boot says Zetec, then it means trim otherwise, who knows, because IME Ford dealers don't always know either!

I hope that clarifies the Zetec issue for all and sundry.

Back