Eastern european road tax

bond-007

Anyone know where to obtain the following:

1. A slovak tax disk
2. A hungarian tax disc
3. A austrian tax disc

I am told these are needed if driving in these countries. Anyone confim?

Thanks

Yes, you'll need these. They can be purchased at petrol stations or at border posts or the Automobile associations in the various countries. Austria definitely has short term stickers, the others I think do, too. In Austria they're called "Vignette"

Hungarian National Tourist office : e-mail htlondon@btinternet.com

Slovakia; windscreen sticker required for certain motorways; valid for a year.

e-mail czech & slovak tourist centre; info@czechtravel.co.uk

Weekly (valid for 10 days ) and Monthly ( valid for two consecutive months ) motorway discs compulsory. Some previously levied roads & tunnel tolls still apply.

[broken link removed]

e-mail info@anto.co.uk

EDITED: I've just logged onto Hungarian tourist board; it gives a link to Irish office in Dublin. Perhaps the others do as well.

when you cross the border, or in the case of Germany-Austria, just before, you can pick up a vignette. The Austrian ones entitles you to drive on motorways etc and it's not worthwhile not getting one (unless you have a crash or break the law nobody will check). You can just pick them up when you're crossing the border, in Austria the last time I got one was €12 or something around that! Remember to punch the day you buy it!

BOND-007 : I see from the aerlingus sale post that you're off to Prague! Good for you ; what are your plans re driving in Hungary / Slovakia ? Austria?.............if you don't mind me asking.

Brian4B said:
BOND-007 : I see from the aerlingus sale post that you're off to Prague! Good for you ; what are your plans re driving in Hungary / Slovakia ? Austria?.............if you don't mind me asking.
I am hiring a car and driving Prague-Wroclaw-Aushwitz-Krakow-Budapest-Vienna-Prague in late march.

Back