Easiest way to get a UK Bank Account

DeeKie

What is the easiest way to open a UK current account for an Irish citizen and resident? Thanks

It's getting more & more difficult with the high street banks.

Option 1, pop up north and open one with a branch.
Option 2, Revolut. You get a UK bank account number. They're currently releasing DD functionality. Just you can't use it to lodge cheque / cash.

It's getting more & more difficult with the high street banks.

Option 1, pop up north and open one with a branch.
Option 2, Revolut. You get a UK bank account number. They're currently releasing DD functionality. Just you can't use it to lodge cheque / cash.
Thanks. I need to be able to lodge money for it. It’s for an investment product. They’ll only deal with someone with a uk bank account.

@DeeKie,
Without a UK address, it might be difficult. I don't know of anyone doing it recently, but I know someone who tried unsuccessfully a few years ago.
AIB do offer a sterling account (there are fees), but might not work for you.

I opened a sterling account with Ulster Bank in Newry a few years ago and it was very easy to do.

But maybe regulation has made it more difficult recently.

Oh thanks a million Red Onion! You’re a
I’d rather not bank with Revolut.

I put you’re a star but the star disappeared. Will need to get the account opened before Brexit.

Last year I opened a sterling current account over the phone with Bank of Ireland UK in the North. Had to send them a few docs but pretty painfree.

Back