Easiest route to Morehampton Rd D4?

Caveat

Will be coming from M1. Don't even mind if a route may take longer but if it's easier as in less traffic, less hassle etc, I'll take it.

Arriving early evening on weekday.

Thanks

Port Tunnel
East Link
Bath Avenue
Haddington Road
Left turn before Leeson Street bridge
past Burlington

There y'are now ;)

Possibly no hassle free route at that time of day ? but I would take the M1 to junction 1, on to R131 on to R111 turn left on to N11 on to Morehampton Road. I took this route last Thursday but mid morning.
Good luck

Ha ha - thanks Tarfhead.

I'm not used to driving in Dublin at all - but that sounds straightforward enough.

Would it be madness to make my way to Georges St > canal > Rathmines> cut accross through Ranelagh?

Arseways I realise, but I at least know these areas.

Am I mental?

Edit: thanks johnjoda

Id go along with Tarfhead, with the 'caveat' of making the port tunnel optional.
Wouldnt even go near the Georges st, renalagh etc route.

OK thanks all - I guess the Trafhead route it is then.

Another thing - I'm a port tunnel virgin and have been told that you can quite easily end up in it even if you don't want to - any advice?

Start out by doing commerce in UCD, then qualify as an accountant with one of the big 4 firms. If it doesn't look like you'll make partner by 30, jump ship to your start-up client as Financial Director.

You'll find yourself living or working on Morehampton Road within a few years.

Another thing - I'm a port tunnel virgin and have been told that you can quite easily end up in it even if you don't want to - any advice?

You need to keep your wits about you as you pass the Airport. The lanes are clearly labelled. If you stay out to the right, you should be lined up for the Tunnel.

Not sure of the toll charge at that hour of the day. Either €3.00 or €12.00. €1.70 at the Eastlink.

Thanks again - port tunnel optional was mentioned.

Any big disadvantage/advantage either way?

If I decide not to, what signage should I follow then - just city centre?

(I know, I know I sound like an utter culchie...)

Thanks again - port tunnel optional was mentioned.

Any big disadvantage/advantage either way?

If I decide not to, what signage should I follow then - just city centre?

(I know, I know I sound like an utter culchie...)

Port Tunnel
Advantage - time
Disadvantage - cost

Signage ? Don't know cos I never need to look out for them :D ! If you drive the M1 all the way past the Tunnel and then past Whitehall into Drumcondra, then I guess you're looking for signs for thr N/M11. At the end of the M1, I guess they'll be prominent. Morehampton Road becomes the N11 at Donnybrook, so looking out for and following the signs should lead you in the right direction.

The route I suggested involves some junctions that I didn't refer to. Let me know if you need more detail ?

[Edit] At end of M1, keep straight on into Drumcondra. At light before the railway bridge (Quinns on right-hand side), take left turn to Clonliffe Road and then straight 'til you reach T-junction (approx. 2 miles); left for Tunnel, right for O2 & Eastlink. Then you're back on the route I suggested earlier.

Back