Early withdrawal of pension

Id dqd

Hi All,

I am currently with Irish life where I have private pension which I am not contributing for the last 10 years. This pension doesn't perform at all, I tried to switch funds but result more less the same.
I would like to withdraw it but Irish life says that I cannot do it before 50, I checked revenue web site and couldn't find anything related to the age restriction, but profound guide how much taxes I should pay. Checked pension authority and also couldn't find anything relevant to the age 50 restrictions.

So my question is: is there such a restriction on law level at all?
Or pension funds just don't want to lose clients?
Thanks

What type of pension policy is it? Personal Pension? PRSA? Personal Retirement Bond? There are different rules for different types of product.

But none of them allow early retirement before age 50, except in a case of early retirement due to ill-health.

You can transfer to another pension provider at any time. Whether or not you should would require analysis of the Irish Life product to understand why it's not performing. Charges might be an issue; not just fund performance. Do you know what the ongoing charges are? If not, ask whoever sold you the policy and post them here.

Back