Early morning departures..how busy is the airport?

I forgot to add it costs a grand total of €41 each way, no added fees, no levies, no fuel surcharges, no credit card fee, no nothing. And children under 15 (not 2 as the airlines think) get 50% discount.

z

If you are going to be at the airport at 4.30 a.m. as I have on a number of occassions this year make yourself a sandwich before you leave home.
I used Ryanair's checkn'go and I didn't have to queue, however there can be a long walk to the boarding gate. On the Berlin side you can get a train from the airport straight in to the city centre. You will need coins for the ticket machine.

I regularly get the 06.50 to Brussels...and Dublin Airport is mental.

However recently got a 06.00 flight from Copenhagen to Dublin. Was at the airport 04.00 with massive queue (longer than anything ever seen)...only made plane because I employed female trick of crying at male check-in staff (still was hundreds in front of me in the queue). Blew the female professional image, but got me home rather than spending an extra two days in Copenhagen.

does this apply to saturdays too? going to fuerteventura at 6am on saturday morning and was aiming for around 5am check in. is this cutting it too fine? have one priority boarding paid for but with one checked bag cannot print off the boarding pass.

I have noticed that the queues for the Canaries and Polish destinations very long whenever I go to the airport. Most of the airlines have reported recently that their load factor is down. Getting to and from the airport, checking in etc has now become a huge ordeal. Even the 1c flights don't seem as attractive anymore!

Saturdays are just as busy. The FastPass machines are great to check in, it's a pity that the queue to deposit bags is so big. They have split it into countries i.e. Germany/Italy flights but the queue is still large.

We found that security moved very well.

thanks DipsyChick. early start so.
ah well.
Hopefully by noon tomorrow I should be into my first San Miguel. then find a place for the cup final.
its all go
cheers

Dublin Airport is nuts in the early mornings particularly during the summer months. Arrive at least 90 minutes before the flight and be prepared for a lot of queueing.