Early Breakfast In Cork City

Gerbera

The Liberty Grill in Cork City is a fantastic place for breakfast, it opens at 8am on a Sat morning, it isn't a big place and it's always full. Can anyone recommend another restaurant/cafe in Cork city for breakfast (on a Saturday)? Cafe Paradiso mention on their website that they do breakfast for residents which makes me think they don't do breakfast for anyone else - has anyone been to Cafe Paradiso for brekkie? Looking to go in tomorrow morning so any feedback appreciated.

Well if you love the Liberty Grill so much why don't you just go there?? You don't own the place by any chance do ye??!!!

I wish I did own it! Last time we went into Cork about 9am and the Liberty Grill was packed. There's two seats inside the door where they ask you to wait for a table and if there's more than two people waiting it's very cramped. Tables are on top of each other as it is (that's the only negative thing I would say about this place). So, just want to know if there is anywhere else decent to go? Perhaps we should just get in there for 8am...

The LG was closed for renovations recently - someone told me they were extending due to the popularity of the place. I've only ever been there at lunch time and it was always packed.

Thanks for the recommendations. As it turned out, we did get into the Liberty Grill for breakfast around 9am yesterday and it was delish. I also bought myself a guidebook on Cork city for reference next time, but it's also good to get recommendations.