Early bird pre-Gaiety show?

shesells

Anyone know of any good early bird menus in places that are handy for the Gaeity? There's about 6 of us, maybe 8. Want nice dinner at nice price! Mao is pricey, Wagamama is too communal...TGI is the usual but is there something else that's handy and decent?

Re: Early bird pre-Gaeity show?

its not exactly handy, but chapter one's early bird is hard to beat in town

mermaid cafe is handy and decent.

Would recommend The Pigs Ear on Nassau Street, also The Farm on Dawson Street. Both are doing good early bird menus at the moment which you can check out on [broken link removed]

Also just in case you aren't aware Mao's are doing two coures for 18.95 - still dear enough but much better value than normal.

Also Francesca's Restaurant in Brooks Hotel, Drury Street is a great location for a pre Gaiety event. Not sure if they do an early bird but any time I've been it's been pretty reasonable and very nice.

Trocadero Restaurant
3 Saint Andrew Street, Dublin 2, Co. Dublin.
01-6775545
You can view there menu online. €25 for 3 course between 5p.m. and 7 p.m. vacate by 7.45p.m. Just a short walk to the Gaeity.

La Mere Zou on Stephens Green do early bird - and they do it on Friday which many don;t (), went last Friday, lovely food

Trocadero has a great early bird!

Another good spot for a very reasonable pre theatre is FXB, the one on Pembroke St is only a 5 min walk from the Gaiety, check out www.fxb.ie Its a good place for groups too.

Pasta Fresca... Lovely Italian located in Chatham St just around the corner from the Gaiety...

By the way, they're very good with special diets... I have a severe nut allergy, and while they are very careful, they've never made an issue of it!...

Darth...

Green 19 is lovely, but the chances of such a large group getting a table are not good - they only take 50% bookings as well, they leave 50% of the tables free for walk-ins. I've gone several times straight after work with my husband and there was no chance of a table (or we could have one for about 45 mins which would feel too rushed).

I'd second the trocadero, also like Salamanca (you can book if you have a table of 6+ I think) - Il Posto does a lovely early bird as well and it's close to the Gaiety.

Odessa has the new Fivers menu which is nice enough - bigger than tapas, smaller than starters. We went and enjoyed it but it wasn't a very leisurely dining experience as they bring everything out as it's cooked so you tend to get through it all quite quickly. Still might be better with a larger group, and you can book Odessa.

Or Harry's on Dawson Street - last time we went they were doing dinner for two incl. bottle of wine for €55. Very popular the place was packed...

M

Last edited:
By the way, they're very good with special diets... I have a severe nut allergy, and while they are very careful, they've never made an issue of it!...

Darth...
I don't know why but the thoughts of someone called Darthvadar with a nut allergy reminded me of this.

Back