Earlsfort lucan

tomi666

Hi all, just looking at buying a house in earlsfort road, Lucan, What do people think of the area? Any feedback at all is welcome,

Thanks

If you're budget could stretch it, I would consider other areas.
I know people from that part of Lucan and they inform me that it is getting a bit run down.
It is not in St Mary's parish so if you want to get in to the schools in the parish, you won't be in the catchment area, although it is fair to say there are other schools there.

Hi,Shawady
Thanks for your reply. Would you give me more specific info about this area(why is it getting run down? What have happened?) I really consider the situation of this area.

Thanks a mill.

Don't live there myself but have heard from friends about the usual stuff like anti-social behavior.
I'm sure plenty of people live there with no problems, but in my experience it would be considered as 'one of the less desirable' places to live in Lucan, but if you're happy with it go for it.
I was just trying to point out that if your budget could stretch it, there may be nicer places to buy.

On the plus side, it is on a good bus route and it is close to shops, pharmacy etc.

hi shawady, our budget is around 180, it is quiet hard to find other place in st Mary's parish at moment. if we need to wait to see anymore property come to the market later this year? if would you have suggestion please. thank u.

What I would suggest is look on the new proprty price register for 2011 and 2012 and see what prices house in other areas sold for. You might be surprised what €180K could get you if you were a first time buyer and mortgage approved.
Estates that might come into your budget and better than Earlsfort are Castle Riada, Moy Glass, Tully Hall, Fforester, Griffeen Glen.

[broken link removed]

Hi, I've looked on the link,but just few houseswere sold on the areas which you mentioned and the sold prices were not cheap either. For the last couple days, I've gone to the earlsfort at the different time and talked to the people who live there for years,they are so nice and kind people.Most of the residents are happy and recommend to move in. Just some break-in has happened(most were due to the careless) and some local teenagers are hanging around at the weekend but don't make trouble. If you were in my situation what would you do?

If you are happy with it, go for it. Thats all that matters.
I was only trying to inform you that as estates go in Lucan, there are certainly plenty that would be more attractive to live in than Earlsfort but I'm sure there are plenty of people with positive experiences.
At the end of the day, you have to live there so if your gut feeling is telling you to choose it, maybe you should follow it.

Back