Earls at centre

I hope he's been practicing. He's great on the wing and at fullback but he’s had a few howlers at centre (that time in the world cup stands out, was it against Russia?).
I’d like to see D’Arcy out and McFadden and possibly Earls in but I think the player for the long term at 13 is Eoin O’Malley.
Then again when Declan Munster Kidney is picking the team it’s not surprising that he’s picking from his old squad (has anyone told him that O’Callaghan can’t get a game for Munster because Ryan is younger and better?).
Glad to see Paul O’Connell as captain. I hope he keeps the job when O’Driscoll gets back.
I’m also glad to see Sexton in. Playing against such a strong Welsh pack he’s a running threat and much stronger in defence that O’Gara. His game management has improved significantly over the last 18 months as well.
Trimble is probably the form wing in Ireland at the moment along with Fitzgerald so it’s good to see him in too. I was wondering what exactly he had to do to get a first choice pick in the Ireland team.
Conor Murray is a super player and even though Reddan delivers faster ball He’s still the best choice (if Wales dominate the breakdown again Reddan may get called in).

The rest of the team more or less picks itself.

He's improving alright, but I'd hate to depend on him to close out a tight match. Bread & butter for ROG at this stage.

He's improving alright, but I'd hate to depend on him to close out a tight match. Bread & butter for ROG at this stage.

Sure, but he’s the weak link on the team defensively and with such a strong Welsh attack they could break through the 10 channel in the last 20 minutes with O’Gara on the field.
I was channel surfing on TV the other night and the highlights of the 6 Nations Ireland V Wales game from 2005 was on.
O’Gara was taken off during the second half because he was losing the head and arguing with the ref. It just shows that players need to play games at this level in order to mature.

From RTE.ie

I hope it's nothing serious. My first thoughts is that he's a very young child and he's such a driven player it would take a hell of a lot for him to pull out of the match.

I hope it's nothing serious. My first thoughts is that he's a very young child and he's such a driven player it would take a hell of a lot for him to pull out of the match.

Exactly what I thought when I heard it. Hope all's OK

Exactly what I thought when I heard it. Hope all's OK

From rte.ie: