E42 eircode area?

Hello,
where is the E42 eircode area?

Beside E43 of course!

From a quick Google I found 1 reference to Tipperary but I don't think that's correct. E41 is Thurles

A bit circuitous but the CSO publish house price data by eircode and there's no option to select E42-E44.

I very much hope you're not searching for logic or sense when it comes to Eircodes. You won't find any there!

I very much hope you're not searching for logic or sense when it comes to Eircodes. You won't find any there!
I think it was logical the base it on the existing postal routing zones, and even better to assign a unique code to each and every property. Makes life much easier for couriers and emergency services than the broader area codes in use elsewhere, like in the UK where each code can cover up to 100 properties.

where is the E42 eircode area?
If you put in Killenaule for the address, Tipperary for the County, 2023 for the year, January for the start month and December for the end month.

It throws up all E41’s except 1 sale on 05/05/23 that is E42. Typo maybe ??

https://www.propertypriceregister.ie/

I know it's in the southeast, south Kilkenny, and I deduced that it must be a typo by the sender.

I feel she meant E32.

Thank you all.

As a former courier, let me respectfully disagree.
Yeah, there have been multiple cases over the years of ambulances showing up at the wrong location or to late due to difficulty finding rural houses. My parents stopped putting the townland on their business correspondence as post was often misrouted and delayed as there was more than one townland of the same name in the county.

Does it matter ultimately?
Even without the valid eircode most Irish addresses are still easy to identify and deliver to.
Certainly not in rural parts...and especially where you can have multiple families with the same first and family names. Our local posties were always great at confirming whether post was for my father or his nephew depending on what the envelope was. And one time I got a postcard correctly delivered to me instead of the other person who shares my name as they knew that I had spent time living in the postcard location!

Back