E-tolling from the NRA

Marianne S

Hi just wondering if anyone has looked into the new electronic tolling from the NRA, you can use the same pass on all the tolls in Ireland. I was wondering if you get a discount for it or does it work out the same as paying cash at the tolls

I got a 6 month discount when I signed up for Easy Pass (NTR)-but that was a promotional offer. You pay the same as you would if you paid cash (and you pay for the fob)-it's really only for convenience that you would get it.

Hi
I enquired about this last year. There is a discount for about 6 months (i think) then its the normal toll rate .The problem for me ,was you pay in advance (not a major problem) and you have to pay a fee for NTR to take money out of YOUR ACCOUNT. Maybe this has changed .Hope this was of some help.
Cheers
!RAY

Sorry me again may i also add you still have to queue up till the easy pass lane seperates.
Cheers
!RAY

Hi

Recently announced that EazyPass is now accepted on all toll roads, not just the NTR ones, which makes life somewhat easier ....

I didn't think there was a fee, to pay to load up credit on your EazyPass are you sure about this !Ray ?

Cheers

G>

Hi
Well i asked ,it was around one year ago .I thing it was 1%.I could be wrong .
Cheers
!RAY

The fee is €1 + 21% VAT per month (up to 2 tags).

The minimum deposit is €40.

Website

www.easypass.ie

I find it covenient-not necessarily great value.

it comes off my credit card so don't think there is an additional fee. The easypass works on the M4 now, assume it also works on M8

it comes off my credit card so don't think there is an additional fee.

Check you're eazypass statements, you'll find that the fee is included in the amount they take from your credit card.

EG

€1.90 Toll West Link south to north Debit-Toll
€1.21 Credit Monthly Charge
€1.21 Credit Monthly Charge
€1.90 Toll West Link north to south Debit-Toll
€1.90 Toll West Link north to south Debit-Toll

it must come out in the 40euro monthly sum so, and i never check my easy pass account. ah well, its still worth it, beats queuing and/or making sure i have cash on me!! thanks for the info!!!

Hi

The car park idea is a good one, lets hope it advances in days, months & years to come ....

One thing I noticed in the fine print, attached to recent literature from EazyPass (NTR owned me thinks), was mention of "roaming charges", which much like the rip off costs on mobile phones when using other networks, may become a thing of the futrue when using your pass on another operators road, bridge etc. Lets hope the appropriate regulator warns these operators off double quick, before they start fleecing us !

Cheers

G>

that would be taking the mick alright