E-Mails and internet on hols

Colby

Hi
I will be round Europe for 4 weeks of the summer and dont own a laptop, I would like ocassionaly to be able to read email, browse few sights, I came across the Nokia 770 internet tablet but am not very clued into these type of gadgets so need bit of advice...checked google and no wifi access where I am going so would be accessing via bluetooth phone (which I dont yet know how to do!) Would this be easy to do and secondly if it was an Irish mobile would it be based on Irish rates or if connected to a French network would it be at french rates and if so what would be the rough price per minute. Any advice or other solutions grateful, I have seen the 770 for €120 which seems really good price so wont break the bank either way

Most cities and towns in Europe will have internet cafes where you can check emails, etc for a couple of €.

Most cities and towns in Europe will have internet cafes where you can check emails, etc for a couple of €.

Thats the easiest way. Or just get a PDA with Wifi and you'll find cafes and hotels with Wifi. The 770 looks like a white elephant to me.

Most likely everyelse you go will have better access and more advanced internet facilities than there is here. We're behind pretty much everywhere else.

You'll find internet cafes all over Europe.
If you are using a public cafe / access point be very CAREFUL with usernames / passwords etc.,

Internet cafes in at least some parts of Italy won't let you use their facilities unless you bring, and allow them copy, your passport. Apparently this is as a result of anti-terrorist legislation.

a lot of airports / train stations have the phone boxes that also double up as a internet access terminals.

Internet cafes in at least some parts of Italy won't let you use their facilities unless you bring, and allow them copy, your passport. Apparently this is as a result of anti-terrorist legislation.

Is there any personal risk involved from allowing a business holder to hold a photocopy of your passport complete with id numbers etc? Can this copy be used in any underhanded way ?