E drive nearly full

dodo

The E drive is almost full on a dell laptop,the e drives seems to have similar to the c drive , what is the e drive and can I delete everything there, cheers

Dodo, good morning. Dell computers sometimes (usually?) come delivered with two partitions (splitting of one harddrive into two sections). Think of it as sections in your ring binder.

You probably have the E drive full of music or films or something similiar? If it gets full then you can delete some items that you like the least and all will be well. In any case your computer will keep functioning... if your C drive was totally full it could cause some other issues with Windows..

Is something like this: http://www.rotebetasoftware.net/wp/freeware/folder-size/
looks like it would be useful to show you visually where all the items on your computer are stored. It's free.

You're not going to be able fix this via an internet forum, like AAM.

It's a bit like asking 'What can I throw out of my shed?'. I can't help you with your shed unless;

a) I'm standing at the shed with you, so I can see what is in there, and
b) you are standing beside, so I can ask if you are still interesting in kayaking, or gardening, or whatever.

Your best bet is to get someone who knows a bit about computers to sit down with you and go through the stuff. If you can't arrange this, you can go through the files and folders, and delete whatever stuff you recognise. If you don't recognise it, then don't delete it.

The 'E' drive could refer to any kind of drive;

* it could be an additional hard drive attached to you machine,
* it could be a memory stick/pen drive attached to your machine
* it's probably not your main hard drive as they are usually called the 'c' drive

but follow Complainer's advice as deleting without knowing what you are doing could cause you a lot of heartache.

Back