E-Business advice needed

firewire

Hi Folks

Considering setting up an e-business here in Ireland and would appreciate some advice if anyone is in the know.

The business will supply a product that I am developing electronically

I am some what perplexed by the whole Tax system and would like to try and get a handle on it now that I'm preparing a business plan. The product will be delivered to an international customer base and includes Irish customers.

Can anyone provide some guidance?

I will also need to have websites and content hosted, so am wondering are these best placed at the international host (best deal) or with Irish host. I imagine would have to pay some tax on these and therefore should be able to claim it back.

Thanks in advance

hi firewire

you say you are developing a product. have you conducted market research to see if there is a demand for your product? no point in spending your time/money developing something then just hoping it sells. If there is a market for your product you should know it inside out.

Im not a tax expert but if you decide to trade online you need to either register a company or declare your income as a sole trader. you should speak to a tax advisor or an accountant

As for hasting websites, i would recommend www.hostgator.com , it costs $9 per month and you can host as many websites as you want and their customer service is excellent. Irish hosts will cost you more. To register domain names go to www.namecheap.com , it will cost you about $9 to register a domain name for a year.

If you need content you can try

www.odesk.com
www.elance.com
www.rentacoder.com

these are freelancer sites and you can find excellent writers/programmers/designers etc at great prices

hope this answers your questions

cheers

Back