Dyed Concrete Patio Slabs

MandaC

I am looking to have a patio and some raised flower beds built and have got a couple of landscapers to quote.

One of the landscapers uses a dyed concrete slab, which can be dyed to your own specification. The second guy said he would not recommend this product at all, as he said the dye fades out of very fast.

Has anyone any experience of using these type of slabs. I saw photographs of it used, and have to say it looked quite natural.

The landscaping quotes are quite expensive and I am considering just getting someone to do the building work and then planting myself in my own time. Does anyone have any recommendations for this type of work in Kildare.

Thanks

Manda C

Hi,

Yes definitely consider the building work and then do the planting yourself, it's much more rewarding to plant shrubs etc yourself, rather than getting a "ready made garden"

Charlie Dimmock eat your heart out wha' !!

We have dyed concrete patio. The house was built in '64 and dye is gone for the last 20 years really, though has been slowly fading every year, only noticable in photos. Perhaps the dye is better quality now.